Coaching In Education
Today’s educational settings are surviving through uncertainty and working in an environment of budget restraints and cuts. To cope with these pressures everyone needs to be the best version that they can be, and more importantly. That applies from the Headteacher to the most junior of support staff, ensuring their emotional and mental resilience is at its peak. Coaching can help individuals tap into their full potential which in turn will increase business productivity. Coaching is transforming people in educational settings, no matter how large or small. Multiple studies show that schools investing in coaching are achieving high percentages of returns on their investment.
Is your school just ticking over? Is the SLT and staff putting in long hours? Are staff lacking in enthusiasm and energy? Coaching could be the solution to re-motivating and energising your SLT and staff through fun and interactive workshops or 1-2-1 support.
Do staff feel tired most of the time? Not sleeping as well as they should? Are staff moving through life on an unhealthy diet with little or no exercise? Are they suffering with low energy levels feeling sluggish? Have any of your staff suffered some emotional trauma in their life that has never properly been addressed or faced? Emotions can have a significant impact on anyone’s health, particularly negative emotions such as anger, sadness, fear, hurt and guilt. When these have built up over time they may lead to irrational thinking, outbursts of angry and inappropriate behaviour that are regretted later.
Looking after physical, mental and emotional health is essential to a long and happy life. The healthier staff are, the more energy they will have and in turn will feel more vibrant. Physical health, when neglected, can lead to a variety of medical conditions often requiring prescribed drugs, but never addressing the root cause. Many life events may have an impact on emotional and mental health – a relationship break up, the loss of a loved one, being made redundant. How we deal with the feelings that these events cause is what counts.
The benefits of coaching to the school:
- Avoid or reduce sickness absence and supply teacher costs
- Improved staff retention
- Promotes full use of employee’s talents / potential
- Greater working relationships with staff, pupils and parents
- Improved individual’s performance / productivity
- Demonstrates the schools commitment to staff and their development
- Staff feel more motivated.
- Facilitates the adoption of change in management style and cultural change
The benefits of coaching to the employee:
- Improved mental health
- Develop and enhance personal performance
- Improved confidence and self-drive
- Increased levels of emotional and mental resilience
- An openness to new ideas and challenges
- Increased levels of commitment
- Better communication skills
- Higher levels of motivation and energy
- Shared vision and commitment
- Greater self-awareness and improved levels of responsibility
After an initial free consultation, a bespoke coaching solution is designed to suit your schools needs either on a 1-2-1 basis or through a programme of workshops suitable for twilight sessions or inset days.