Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) began about 35 years ago, developed by John Grinder, (originally assistant professor of linguistics at the University of California) and Richard Bandler (originally student of psychology at the University of California). NLP is the study of human excellence looking at how high achievers experience the world around them, how they think and use their minds. Their use of language and the impact of that, as well as how they use their strategies to achieve their goals are all significant factors. NLP is the study of what’s the difference that makes the difference!
NLP is a powerful technique that works by changing your mind set, focusing and motivating you to the point you believe you can achieve whatever you want in life.
NLP is a fantastic tool when combined with coaching techniques. It studies three different areas that give it its name today:
|Neuro||The mind and how we individually think|
|Linguistics||How we use language and how it impacts on us|
|Programming||How we order our actions to help us achieve our goals|
What NLP brings to coaching:
- Speed. NLP techniques work quickly to change thinking patterns.
- A practical approach. If what you are currently doing is not getting the results you want, do something different.
- It encourages curiosity. Every person is different, so we learn how you do what you do and how you can do it better.
- Simplicity. NLP techniques are easy and ideal for coaching.
- An understanding of how goals, beliefs and values interact.
- Rapport and Trust. These are essential and are the foundation on which a good coaching relationship is built.
If you are interested in training as an NPL Practitioner see http://www.nlpuktraining.com